Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SOME MORE "DIGGIN' IN THE CRATES"

Here are some more random pictures I dug up tonight. Enjoy! I know I just can't get enough of them no matter how much time passes...
But seriously, can you all imagine these were taken 20+ friggin' years ago?! Unreal...

 Laura at Limelight for the Alien Sex Fiend show

 Rob and Neville Wells at "Equilibrium" (Tilt)

 Jordan, "unofficial" roadie for Loretta's Doll, at Tilt

 
 One of my "Helter Skelter" hits in Summer of 1992

 Outside the Bank with Jay, Ian, Randi

 Mr. Sex Fiend himself at Limelight, 1992


 Lauren Vile, her sister (3rd from left) and friends at Ward 6 (after Palladium)
 

Dancing at "Equilibrium" at Tilt (Jen, Rob, Adam and Ed among others)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this trip. I have nothing but happy memories from this time. It was a really great time to be young and Goth in NYC. I love that I know every person in these photos and miss soooo many of them. Thanks You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sean! Yeah I agree: what a time to be someone in this scene. It was more than just the clubs. NYC in the late 80's/early 90's was the perfect time for venues, clubs, record stores, pre-ebay and internet and blogs and "boards", so people were out more, having fun and meeting up to go dance their asses off.
      It truly was the most fun time of my life. I love to tell people I lived MORE in any one of those years than most people do their entire lives!
      I have more pics that I'll be putting up from time to time.

      Delete
  2. Holy unexpected batman! But since when was I the "unofficial" roadie?!?!
    Who the hell else carried and loaded every Vox, SWR cabinet and elekule bass-oline, cheese grater and ALL of KD'S kit to EVERY show? Smoke machine, strobes, and did as much live sound as possible? Plus got an honorary credit on chemical theater? Pretty damn official, I felt... thx for sharing fo real.
    Jordan
    OFFICIAL ROADIE:
    LORETTA'S DOLL
    TURNING WHEELS

    ReplyDelete